This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Saskatchewan Chapter for up to 8 Mainpro+ credits
Virtual classroom sessions are offered several times a year and consist of four 2-hour presentations delivered over interactive webinars by local Infectious Disease Care Specialists and experienced HIV physicians
There is no registration cost to attend!
Each session has a maximum of 10 participants and is targeted to:
- Medical residents
- Nurse practitioners
Note: While intended for the professions listed above, registered nurses and pharmacists are also welcomed to register.
Content discussed over the four presentations will include:
- HIV Diagnosis & First Visit
- HIV Treatment Start on Naïve Patients
- Managing Treatment /Long Term HIV Care
- Special Populations (HCV/TB/Pregnancy)
Sessions focus on participants’ knowledge development and preparation for integrating sound HIV assessment and treatment into their clinical practice. Participants enrolled will have increased access to the program’s supports and mentorship and meet the criteria to become approved ARV prescribers in Saskatchewan (physicians and nurse practitioners only).
Fall 2021 Session:
September 16, 23, 30 and October 7 (5:00pm-7:00pm)
- Dr. Larissa Kiesman, Primary Care Physician, Westside Community Clinic (Saskatoon)
- Dr. Kali Gartner, Primary Care Physician Westside Community Clinic (Saskatoon)
- Dr. Sidd Kogilwaimath, Infectious Disease Care Network, University of Saskatchewan – Department of Medicine & Saskatchewan Health Authority
For more information, or to register e-mail Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org