Virtual classroom sessions are offered several times a year and consist of four 2-hour presentations delivered over interactive webinars by local Infectious Disease Care Specialists and experienced HIV physicians
There is no registration cost to attend!
Each session has a maximum of 10 participants and is targeted to:
- Medical residents
- Nurse practitioners
Content discussed over the four presentations will include:
- HIV Diagnosis & First Visit
- HIV Treatment Start on Naïve Patients
- Managing Treatment /Long Term HIV Care
- Special Populations (HCV/TB/Pregnancy)
Sessions focus on participants’ knowledge development and preparation for integrating sound HIV assessment and treatment into their clinical practice. Participants enrolled will have increased access to the program’s supports and mentorship.
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Saskatchewan Chapter for up to 8 Mainpro+ credits
Fall 2020 Session #1: September 8 (Tuesday), September 15 (Tuesday), September 22 (Tuesday) and September 29 (Tuesday) from 5:00pm-7:00pm ** Session Full
Fall 2020 Session #2: September 9 (Wednesday), September 16 (Wednesday), September 23 (Wednesday) and September 30 (Wednesday) from 5:00pm-7:00pm ** Session Full
Late Fall 2020 Session: November 10 (Tuesday), November 17 (Tuesday), November 24 (Tuesday), and December 1 (Tuesday) from 5:00pm-7:00pm ** Limited Spaces!
Additional sessions will offered in 2021, dates to be determined. Check back for updates.
- Dr. Larissa Kiesman, Primary Care Physician, Westside Community Clinic (Saskatoon)
- Dr. Kali Gartner, Primary Care Physician Westside Community Clinic (Saskatoon)
- Dr. Kris Stewart, General Internist (HIV/HCV), Saskatchewan Infectious Disease Care Network & Saskatchewan Health Authority
- Dr. Sidd Kogilwaiamath, Infectious Disease Care Network, University of Saskatchewan – Department of Medicine & Saskatchewan Health Authority
For more information, or to register e-mail Amanda.email@example.com